A modern, well designed library floor plan incorporates flexible learning areas, quiet areas, tech spaces and outdoor areas and integrates them with more traditional reference/resource areas. The latest library floor plan designs provide spaces that are now more reminiscent of home environments than a traditional classrooms. They feature comfortable lounges and soft furnishings to achieve a place of relaxation and privacy. Providing a mix of formal and informal learning areas allows a library to be a highly flexible and exciting environment to learn in.
Floor plan design tips
1. Use an open plan design to create flexible spaces that can be easily updated in the future.
2. Furniture, paint and flooring colours will set the mood of the spaces. Soft colours can promote a calm reflective atmosphere and bright colours and patterns can promote creativity and social interaction.
3. Use mobile screens and shelving to construct different learning area. These can be easily changed as needed.
4. Create spaces that are modern and enticing. Library users will want to stay longer with exciting hubs for solo learning and flexible work pods for study.
5. Create quiet areas. These are essential, as they break away form busy surroundings and allow library users to enjoy their time out.
6. Use flexible furniture in media and tech areas. As technology changes, flexible furniture will allow your tech areas to adapt to the changing needs us uses.
7. Create an outdoor learning space where noisy or messy activities can take place whilst enjoying sun and nature.
If you would like to discuss your library floor plan and furniture needs, call your local BizFurn Express Consultant. Alternately, why not download at the BizFurn Library Furniture Catalogue which is packed with inspiring furniture and floor plan ideas.