Terms & Conditions
BFX Customers have the benefit of both ‘statutory warranties’ and any other warranties that are provided by BFX upon the purchase of your product. These Terms and Conditions provided by BFX are known as ‘voluntary warranties’.
Where you are deemed to be a ‘consumer’ as defined by The Trade Practices Act 1974 (the Act), your rights’ automatically form part of the contract between buyer and seller, and are called ‘statutory rights’. The Act says ‘statutory rights’ apply to a ‘consumer’ who is a person or corporation who acquires any other type of goods or services costing less than $40,000.
Any term, to the extent permitted by Law including all implied warranties and conditions are excluded except as provided in these Terms and Conditions and any terms which could be alleged to be a condition or terms of the contract and which does not form part of this warranty or is implied by legislation is expressly excluded and is to be disregarded.
Conditions and Exclusions:
- The warranty extends to the original customer or recipient of the product (in the case of acquisition as a gift or promotion) and it is not transferable.
- The warranty is effective from the date of purchase of the product.
- Original proof of purchase of the product or the receipt will be required for any warranty claim to be considered.
- BFX warrants your product against any manufacturing defect or faulty workmanship including full replacement on repair in part or whole as displayed on the product, subject to the following:
- If the defect or faulty workmanship prevents the product to be used for its normal, intended purpose.
- Any defect in workmanship, which at the time of purchase of the product ought to have been revealed to you by examination of the product.
- BFX does not have any liability or responsibility under this warranty where, caused by conditions beyond BFX’s control including, but not limited to any cost, loss, misuse, neglect, accidents, attachment of accessories, not originating from BFX’s, act of God, overloading beyond recommended capacity or other improper treatment of the product, including unusual use or abusive wear and tear leading to malfunction or damage or incorrect assembly or disassembly of fitment by the purchaser or any other third party.
- The manufacturer will make individual replacement parts available for purchase, for a period of 5 years.
- The warranty only applies for manufacturing faults, and does not cover components, which by their nature may reasonably require periodic replacement due to normal wear, degradation or consumption.
- The warranty does not extend to consequential or incidental damage, including but not limited to your existing furniture or environment or to any other person or property.
- It is your responsibility to maintain the product adequately and any components subject to wear through use or exposure to the elements and are inspected periodically and replaced with BFX parts as required.
- No warranty is provided for failures caused by inadequate maintenance nor non-compliance to fitting instructions supplied by BFX.
- Subject to the limitations and exclusions below, BFX will remedy defects in material and workmanship during the warranty period, by:
- Repairing or replacing the defective component (s) without charge for parts or labour to the original purchaser.
- Warranty coverage is voided where alleged nonconformity is due to normal wear and tear, alteration, improper use, neglect or improper storage.
For any specific questions about the BFX warranty, please contact your BFX Consultant.