DET SOA 68449 Whole of Government Furniture Arrangement
For the Provision of School Furniture (Formerly Part C)
For the Provision of Office Furniture & Interior Solutions (Formerly Part A)
DET SOA 100926 Supply of Emergency Furniture Arrangement
DET SOA 68449– is managed by the Department of Education, Training and Employment. This arrangement has State-wide coverage and provides an extensive range of modern, flexible furniture.
The Benefits of the Arrangement
• All suppliers have been appointed following a rigorous tender and evaluation process and agreement reached on terms and conditions;
• Schools do not need to undertake a full tender process, nor gain three (3) quotes prior to purchase;
• The Department meets regularly with suppliers to ensure the furniture provided is giving schools the opportunity to create flexibility in their learning spaces and teaching methods by providing a range of products that emphasise the purpose of space and mobility in classrooms; provides a wide variety of choice in colours and modern, exciting and innovative designs;
• As the arrangement is an SOA the prices are set for a twelve (12) month period;
• Extensive sustainability criteria in the tender process ensures low formaldehyde emission levels, responsible and legal sourcing of timbers, and intensive evaluation of the corporate social responsibilities of each Supplier;
• Assured compliance with AS/NZ manufacturing standards and confidence in quality of goods purchased under the arrangement;
• Contractual standards in place to ensure the safety of students and others in our environments;
• Assured contractual performance warranty period on all products;
• Regional distribution network provides opportunity for local small business participation in the arrangement;
• On-line ordering and consolidated order delivery providing cost efficiencies;
• Value for money achieved through consolidation of DET’s purchasing power.
Who Can Use The Arrangement?
This arrangement has State-wide coverage.
• State Schools
• Independent, and Private Schools and Colleges
• Other Education Facilities